Thursday 7 September 2017

Publishing Choices


This graphic from Reedsy covers the differences between Self Publishing and Traditional Publishing. Reedsy is a marketplace for editors and designers so there opinion differs from my reality.

I agree with most of the graphic apart from the section on Upfront cost. When I wrote my first book, I had no money. Trust me on this if I had £1000 - £3000 extra to spend on a book, I won't be a published author.

Thankfully I have been in tech for a while so I know that its easy to get things for free if you are willing to get your hands dirty.

I wrote, edited and created my book cover design all by myself. In the process, I got better at entire process of digital publishing.

Today, I am writing my 4th book and I have done all the steps myself. Will it be perfect? No.

But for this Nigerian, done is better than perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment