I got introduced to it last week Saturday and I am making these notes to document how to configure the engine to export to Android. The export to the Linux, Mac OSX and Windows Desktop are straight forward.
To configure the engine to export to Android, follow the following steps:
- Download and install the Java 6 SDK.
- Download and install the Android SDK
- Generate a debug key for signing your APK use this command in your command prompt: keytool -keyalg RSA -genkeypair -alias androiddebugkey -keypass android -keystore debug.keystore -storepass android -dname "CN=Android Debug,O=Android,C=US" -validity 9999
- Launch the Godot game engine, then go to Settings. Choose install Export templates and load in the export template zip file which is available on the Godot website
- Now click on Editor Settings and fill in the values for your Adb, Jarsigner and Debug Keystore
Adb: C:/Program Files (x86)/Android/android-sdk/platform-tools/adb.exe
Jarsigner: C:/Program Files (x86)/Java/jdk1.6.0_45/bin/jarsigner.exe
Debug Keystore: C:/Users/Truston Ailende/debug.keystore